Login to complete or review an application
Questions? Contact Marilu Morada at firstname.lastname@example.org
Building a More Inclusive Association Community
Applicants must be:
- A member of a racial/ethnic minority group, lesbian/gay/bisexual/ transgender, or a person with a disability
- Currently employed full-time as a mid-senior level association employee with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a mid-to-senior level association management position(s) or as an association CEO for a minimum of one (1) year
- Demonstrated professional, volunteer, or civic/community leadership experience
- Committed to fully engage in all DELP scholarship benefits
2018 Application Process & Requirements
1. Applications (and supporting documents as outlined below) are to be completed online and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. (ET) on Monday, March 19, 2018.
2. The following supporting documents must be attached to your application at the time of submission:
- Current résumé: Submit a leadership résumé (not to exceed 3 pages) that includes extracurricular activites and highlights your leadership experiences.
- Recent photo (headshot with plain background; in-focus, and appropriate for professional setting; high-resolution of 300 dpi or better; and taken within the last 12 months). The photo will not be included in the selection process. If selected as a scholar, the photo will be used for any DELP promotional placements, including recognizing the new class on ASAE’s website.
- Short Bio (professional bio highlighting accomplishments, honors, and recognitions; written in the third-person point of view; and presents information chronologically—see Short Bio Sample provided). Bio should be between 250-500 words. If selected as a scholar, the bio will be used for any DELP promotional placements.
- Agreement Form (signed by the CEO or Board Chair)
- Two letters of recommendations
- From your your immediate supervisor CEO.
From a colleague in the association community (i.e. board member, an ASAE member, industry leader, etc.). These letters may be uploaded in the application or emailed (must contain signature) to Marilu Morada at email@example.com.
Each letter of recommendation must address at least two of the following questions, each not to exceed 500 words:
a. One of the goals of the Diversity Executive Leadership Program is to encourage individuals from under-represented groups in the association community (i.e. racial and ethnic minorities, LGBT, and people with disabilities) to assume leadership roles in association management. How have you seen the applicant demonstrate leadership skill at work, in the community, etc.? What have been some of the outcomes that have resulted from his/her leadership?
b. DELP is a 2-year program that provides scholars with learning, mentoring, coaching, and volunteer service opportunities to enhance their career development and expand their professional networks. As such, it requires commitment and follow-through from participants in the program. Please describe the applicant’s skills and readiness to engage in all of the benefits of the scholarship experience.
c. Describe a situation, event or activity that demonstrates the applicant’s ability to be a change agent or innovator, or where he/she has pushed the boundary of an organization. Please be specific in your response by describing what they did as well as the outcomes of his/her actions
3. Applications must be complete to be considered.
4. Applicants will be notified of results via email, by the end of May 2018.